Tuesday, September 9, 2008

String Me Challenge



I have chosen the String Me Challenge for the sims 2.
The challenge can be found here: STRING ME CHALLENGE


Here is the Sim I decided to use in the Challenge. Her name is Melanie Custer, and she is a popularity Sim. She is an Aries with the following points:


Sloppy/neat 5
Shy/Outgoing 8
Lazy/Active 6
Serious/Playful 1
Grouchy/Nice 5

Her LTW is to become Captain Hero, But she is currently in the Business career track since she had an aspiration want to join that business. I let her study one Charisma point, since that is what was needed for to get her first promotion.

On the first day of work, she got a chance card that gave her a promotion and a charisma point.



She also brought home someone from work, Kennedy Vanderbilt, one of my playable sims from the neighborhood. Since he is playable in another house, I checked him out and found out he was a business tycoon already, so she will hopefully be able to use him to get further along.

Her next promotion came two days later without any help. she needed a creativity skill point now, so she wasn't going to get any more promotions on her own. At first I was too tired when I got home from work to do any schmoozing, however I did get an energizer machine, which helped a lot. I now was able to step into the machine upon arriving home from work and getting all my needs up to full.

Since then I have been going on two dates with Kennedy every night, One that she calls for and gets, and the second one when he calls up and invites her downtown about an hour after I get back from the first date.

I do talk to other sims as well, and am now up to 4 friends, including Kennedy. Finally, after about a week, Melanie has got another promotion, this time with Kennedy pulling strings.



This is where she is at right now, A junior Executive. I will play the game again later.

I would like to mention a couple of strange things in my game, even though it has nothing to do with the challenge.

One of the sims that came with the welcome wagon followed Melanie into the bathroom and stood right next to her as she sat on the toilet, peeing. I have had this before, but it is so hilarious.



also, Melanie had a sports party and invited Kennedy and another Sim over. Apparently Kennedy was low on hygiene so he decided to take a shower at Melanie's house. I always thought that Sims visiting the lot couldn't use the shower or bed. I am not sure if this has anything to do with Kennedy being another of my playable sims or not.



That is all for this post. I will try to play the Sims 2 later today and post more later.

2 comments:

ASimWen said...

Wow great start! Yeah, it can be a little disconcerting when your Sim goes a few days and doesn't get any promotions. Keep plugging away at it. Hehehe about the welcome wagon Sim watching her peee.lol and Kennedy taking a shower!

Roo said...

great start. lucky you! too funny about the bathroom.
As for the guy taking a shower. i had that happen once. He was there for a birthday party and just made himself at home. showered and took food from teh fridge even tho there was plenty around. I think it just depends on the sim's personality